In the midst of wedding preparations, the decision to hire (or not to hire) a professional make-up artist for your wedding day is one of the most important decisions you will make. All eyes will be upon you. It is your moment to shine. You want to look your absolute best!
I am often asked."Should I hire a professional make-up artist for my wedding?" As a professional make-up artist, my answer is obviously biased! However, I do realize that professional make-up isn't for everyone. I hope the information provided will assist you in your decision on whether or not hiring a professional make-up artist for your wedding day is right for you.
A true professional make-up artist has an artistic eye and knows exactly what colors and techniques are needed to enhance your best features. Many make-up artists have received advanced training in make-up education, face shapes, color analysis and are also skilled in camouflage or other techniques to minimize flaws in your skin. A good make-up artist will also assess your fashion personality to determine how bold or creative you like your desired look to be.
Having a camera ready appearance is essential. The make-up application you typically wear may not be suitable for the camera or you may look more radiant with a different type of make-up application.
If you typically wear little make-up, I strongly recommend hiring a professional make-up artist. Believe it or not, this will alleviate a lot of anxiety and stress on your special day. Everyone gets the jitters. Trying to apply photographic quality make-up with a steady hand while your stomach is turning and your hand is shaking isn't easy when you have little or no experience in applying a full make-up application.
Worried about looking "too made-up?"...interview several make-up artists and absolutely schedule a trial. Most make-up artists do charge for a trial as they need to schedule time on their appointment book. In my opinion, this is money well spent. During the trial, you will be able to try different looks to see what you look like! Often times, what you thought you wanted may not be what you like or what looks best on you in the end.
If you love the way "you" apply your make-up, hiring a professional make-up artist may or may not be the right decision for you. If you are open to change, a professional make-up artist may show you a variety of ideas that will enhance your features; they may also perfect upon your look making you more flawless and camera ready. Only you should make the decision. If you truly love the way you apply your make-up and how you photograph with your personal make-up application, do not feel coerced or pushed into hiring someone. You want everything to be perfect on your special day. Feeling uncomfortable about your make-up application will only make you miserable.
Tips to finding the right make-up artist for your wedding day:
- Ask your hair stylist, photographer, videographer, reception center, etc...for a referral. These individuals often have preferred partners that they work with and will be happy to share their thoughts and opinions.
- Look online. Professional Make-up artists often have online portfolios and testimonials.
- Schedule a consultation. Many make-up artists offer consultations for a minimal charge. This will allow you to meet the artist, review their work, and decide whether or not you want to schedule a trial.
- Ask specifically about the techniques they use to ensure you have a flawless finish. Be sure they have the experience you are looking for.
- Ask how the make-up artist sanitizes their equipment and make-up brushes. You might be surprised!
- Ask for references, pictures, testimonials, etc. Do not hesitate to ask an artist for references that you can call. Questions should include if the artist was organized, on-time, performed quality work, and was friendly and flexible.
- If you have skin challenges, ask your make-up artist about their experience in working with your particular skin challenge.
- Once you decide upon an artist, schedule a trial. Your trial will be a deciding factor in who you decide to hire. Try to schedule your trial for early in the day. Wear your make-up for the entire day; see how it lasts, how it feels, and whether or not you are comfortable wearing the make-up application.
- Most importantly, you should feel a level of personal comfort with your artist. The artist will be in your personal space on your wedding day. You want to feel confident that whatever challenges comes their way, they will be able to handle the challenge with grace and without drama.
How can I help you achieve flawless skin and a superior make-up application?
Terri Anne Meyer is founder of Aesthetic Artistry, LLC Spa Boutique (http://www.aestheticartistry.com ). Terri Anne brings 12 years of make-up artistry experience and has received advanced training in make-up artistry for women of color, corrective make-up techniques, color analysis, and airbrush make-up artistry.
As both a licensed Esthetician and Professional Make-up Artist, Terri Anne believes that each make-up application is a work of art and should start with the perfect canvas. Terri Anne is co-founder of Purlieu2, LLC. Purlieu2 Professional Skin Care is rapidly becoming known for their unique make-up support skin care system that reduces shine, mutes redness, and allows for a superior make-up application. Want more wear from your make-up? Visit http://www.makeupsupport.com
Purlieu2 also offers a unique drug-free approach to acne. All Purlieu2 products are free of parabens, retinoids, and benzoyl-peroxide and are available through fine spas and salons and online.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Terri_Anne_Meyer